VA Funding

Use Your G.I. Bill To Fund Your Flight Training

Qualified veterans may be able to use their VA benefits for flight training. The Montgomery G.I. Bill®, REAP and the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® allow for reimbursements to help you become a professional pilot.


To use your VA benefits with Horizon Aviation, the following criteria must be met:

  • You must have at least a Private Pilot Certificate prior to enrollment. PPL training can still be conducted with us prior to advanced training, but the VA will not fund this stage of the curriculum.

  • You must have a valid Class II FAA medical certificate.  Typically, that means you must receive a Class I or Class II medical with the 12 months preceding your date of enrollment.  

  • You must provide us with a copy of your “Letter of Eligibility” from the VA.  You may contact your regional VA office for a copy of this document.

  • You must receive a copy of Horizon Aviation’s VA-approved Flight School Catalog that details the program.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at


Warwick, RI:  401-736-5115

Norwood, MA: 781-762-7600

You can fly. We can teach you.